- The ultimate battle.
- Max is out of control. He's lying to his friends, ignoring his family, and has even turned on Liz. Has Max completely lost his mind . . . or is Max not really Max at all?
- Liz hasn't felt connected to Max in a long time—not the way she used to be. She knows he isn't the guy she fell in love with. There's something else controlling him. Something sinister. Can Liz help Max break free before he's lost forever?
- Trevor, Michael's brother
- Doug Highsinger, a student
- Mr. Ortecho, Liz's father
- Margaret "Mimi" DeLuca, Maria's mother
- Lucinda Baker, a student working at Flying Pepperoni
- Elsevan DuPris
- Ray Iburg
- Jerry Cifarelli, Liz mentions previously going on a date with him at UFOnics
- Rosa Ortecho, Liz's deceased older sister
- Kevin DeLuca, Maria's ten-year-old brother
- Maggie McMahon
- Real people: Elvis, Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen
|Paperback||Pocket Pulse||August 2000||0-671-03564-9|