This is a timeline of events prior to the start of the TV series Roswell.
- A Buddha statue is produced in Burma (a.k.a. Myanmar). The statue winds up in the collection of Ed Harding aka. Nasedo. (“Tess, Lies and Videotape”)
- Some kind of "Native American architecture" is constructed in or near the Roswell area. Its planned removal (called for by Native Americans) is cause for protest 200 years later. (“Heat Wave”)
- Van C. Smith files his claim and renames his settlement for his father, Roswell Smith. (historical)
- Formerly part of Lincoln County, Chaves County is established with Roswell as the county seat and the headquarters of the Roswell Sheriff's Department. (historical)
- The town of Roswell, New Mexico is incorporated. (historical)
- "The Buffalo Visitation" inspires James Atherton to investigate UFO phenomena. (“285 South”)
- A photo is taken of Charles Dupree, who looks exactly like an 18 year old Michael Guerin. (“We Are Family”)
- Alien hunter Everett Hubble is born. (“The Convention”)
- The Skins land on Earth, settling in the town of Copper Summit, Arizona. (“Harvest”)
- Among the Five Worlds, fifty years of suffering begins. (“Max In The City”)
- The Internal Security Act of 1950, chapter 21 is enacted. (historical)
- Milton Ross is born. (“Monsters")
- James Atherton's book Among Us: A Scientific Examination of the UFO Phenomenon is published. (“Monsters")
- Atomic testing ends near the Old Clovis Highway. (“Skin and Bones”)
- UFO sightings are reported near Frazier Woods.
- Atherton acquires the Whirlwind pendant, keeping it in the basement of his home in Marathon.
- One of the Royal Four’s protectors comes to the Mesaliko Tribal Lands. He takes the name “Nasedo”, Mesaliko for “visitor”. Nasedo fails the tribal elders’ test and retreats to a nearby cave as he falls ill. A young River Dog saves Nasedo’s life with the healing stones. Nasedo creates a map on the cave wall and leaves the broken tip of the Whirlwind Pendant with River Dog. River Dog witnesses Atherton’s death by Nasedo’s hands at a distance. ("River Dog”, “The Balance”)
- Sheriff James Valenti Sr. finds Atherton's body. His investigation earns him the ridicule of the F.B.I. and the nickname “Sgt. Martian” (“Pilot”)
- They Are Among Us films in Roswell. Valenti Sr. causes a stir when investigating the strange death of the movie’s leading lady. (“Secrets and Lies”)
- Milton's photo reveals an "alien shadow". (“Monsters”)
- Nasedo negotiates a fateful deal with Kivar. (“The Departure”)
- The first Head of the FBI's Special Investigations Unit, Agent Lewis, is found dead in Delta, CO. (“The White Room”)
- President John F. Kennedy deals with the Cuban Missile Crisis. (“Ask Not”),(historical)
- Agent Del Bianco is found dead in Union City, Tennessee. ("The White Room")
- KASE Armored Security is established. ("Destiny")
- Sheila Hubble is found dead in Bitter Lake, New Mexico. (“The Convention”)
- 17 year old Jeff Parker drives drunk and crashes his car. His girlfriend is killed in the accident. ("Significant Others")
- Everett Hubble shoots a drifter he believes to be the alien who killed his wife. Sheriff James Valenti, Sr. takes the fall, losing his job in disgrace. ("The Convention")
- Kal Langley smells chlorine in a pool for the first time. He later smells lemons, although the next twenty years are a bust. ("Control")
- The Skins succeed in creating spores with which to grow new husks. ("Harvest")
- Amy Deluca is married at 17. Valenti arrests her a year later at a protest against the removal of 200 year old Native American architecture. ("Heat Wave")
- Isabel's legal date of birth. ("Surprise")
- Max's legal date of birth as it appears on a vial of his blood. ("Blood Brother")
- Alex's date of birth as it appears on school records. ("Cry Your Name")
- Kyle's date of birth.
- Alex's date of birth as it appears on his tombstone. ("The Departure")
- A Democrat congressional candidate wins election by a high margin. This record remains unchallenged until Vanessa Whittaker's election 15 years later. ("Harvest")
- An incident occurs outside of Roswell. Jeff Parker will later claim: "This place went wild!" ("Crashdown")
- Max, Isabel and Michael emerge from their pods.
- First Annual Crash Festival ("Pilot")
- Michael levitates a table in front of witnesses. ("I Married An Alien")
- Maria's Dad leaves Amy and their 7 year old daughter. ("Heat Wave")
- Michelle Valenti leaves Jim and their 6 year old son Kyle. ("Wipeout!")
- Max sees Liz for the first time. ("Pilot")
- 8 year old Michael Guerin begins reading every UFO magazine he can find. ("Summer of ’47")
Season 1 Edit
- September 18, 1999 - Max saves Liz's life. (1.01 Pilot)
- September 18-24, 1999 - Events of episode 1.01 Pilot.
- February 20, 2000 - Events of episode 1.16 Sexual Healing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.