Pilot is the premiere and the first season of the re-imagined series Roswell, New Mexico on The CW which aired on January 15, 2019.
Official episode synopsis:
- When Liz Ortecho reluctantly returns to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, she reconnects with Max Evans her teenage crush, who is now a Roswell police officer. But Liz soon discovers a shocking truth: Max is an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life, along with those of his otherworldly sister, Isobel and their friend Michael. Elsewhere, Master Sergeant Jesse Manes spearheads a long-standing government conspiracy — unbeknownst to his son, Alex Manes who has recently returned from service overseas with emotional and physical injuries. The politics of fear and hatred that run rampant in Roswell threaten to expose Max and his family and could endanger his deepening romance with Liz…as well as their lives.
- Jeanine Mason as Liz Ortecho
- Nathan Parsons as Max Evans
- Lily Cowles as Isobel Evans-Bracken
- Michael Vlamis as Michael Guerin
- Tyler Blackburn as Sgt. Alex Manes
- Michael Trevino as Kyle Valenti
- Heather Hemmens as Maria DeLuca
- Karan Oberoi as Noah Bracken
- Carlos Compean as Arturo Ortecho
- Rosa Arredondo as Sheriff Valenti
- Amber Midthunder as Rosa Ortecho
- Peter Diseth as Grant Green
- Matthew Van Wettering as Hank
- Luce Rains as Rancher
Powers shown in this episode:
- Healing: Max is able to heal others.
- Electromagnetic manipulation: Max has an electromagnetic outburst that blows out nearby light bulbs. Michael is able to remotely shut off cameras.
- Empathic bond: Max can create a temporary "psychic bond" with others, which echoes his feelings.
- Memory sharing: Max is able to share his memories with others through his psychic bond.
- Telepathic communication: Max and Isobel can communicate telepathically with each other.
- Telekinesis: Michael is able to move objects with his mind.
Side effects of power use:
- Hand print: After Max uses his healing powers, a handprint appears on the person he healed.
- Max collapses and throws up from overexertion.
- Liz tells Kyle that she doesn't dance in Roswell anymore. Jeanine Mason, who plays Liz, won season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance.
- Liz: Max, I thought...
Max: No, the handprint is a psychic bond between us. That's how I can show you my memories. Right now, what you're feeling is... an encho of what I feel for you. It'll wear off, just like the handprint will. So... I can't.
Liz: When will the handprint fade?
Max: Couple of days, maybe a week.
Liz: Fine. I'll kiss you then.
- Max: Sober up a little bit. I'll get you released the right way.
Michael: But I was looking forward to the self-righteous lecture. "Why you gotta cause a scene, Michael? Why don't you drive the speed limit, Michael? Why don't you spend your nights like I do, crying and masturbating to Russian moralistic literature, Michael?"
- Isobel (speaking to Max): Twenty years of keeping this secret and now you up and resurrect someone?!
- Michael: Nostalgia's a bitch, huh?
Alex: I thought for sure when I got back from Iraq you would be long gone.
Michael: Is that what you want?
Alex: We're not kids anymore. What I want doesn't matter.