- Isabel worries when Maria gets nervous around Sheriff Valenti, so Isabel enters Maria's dreams to see if she is trustworthy with their secret.
Maria's fears of the aliens are heightened when she has an encounter with Isabel who freely uses her powers to taunt her. Maria becomes unraveled, and ends up running her car into the back of Valenti's. Liz tells Maria it's important they stay in control. Isabel goes to Max saying she doesn't trust Maria to keep their secret, but Max assures her he trusts Liz to help. Isabel makes the decision to "dreamwalk" Maria (Isabel enters Maria's dream) to find out what she's thinking. In the dream, Isabel realizes that Maria wants to tell Valenti everything she knows about the aliens. Maria becomes visibly distressed, when Valenti mentions he wants her to come in to discuss the accident.
Liz urges Maria to stay in control, but Maria isn't sure she can pull through. Maria reveals to Liz she's torn, and can't promise she won't tell Valenti everything. Maria finds out for the first time, that Liz is also scared. On her way to Valenti's office, Maria witnesses Isabel sharing a tender moment with her mother, DIANE EVANS, and realizes Isabel may not be all that different from herself. The stakes now high, Maria goes to her interrogation with Valenti. When Valenti warns Maria he doesn't want any more families destroyed, Maria remembers Isabel with her mother and successfully stonewalls Valenti. Meanwhile, Max has accepted a job at the local UFO museum with Curator, MILTON ROSS, in order to find out all he can about the Crash.
Cast and characters
- Shiri Appleby as Liz Parker
- Jason Behr as Max Evans
- Katherine Heigl as Isabel Evans
- Majandra Delfino as Maria DeLuca
- Brendan Fehr as Michael Guerin
- Colin Hanks as Alex Whitman
- Nick Wechsler as Kyle Valenti
- William Sadler as Sheriff Jim Valenti
- Yolanda Lloyd Delgado as Ms. Hardy
- Amy Lyndon as Arlene
- Daryl Sabara as Corey
- Ebonie Smith as Genoveve
- Zack Aaron as Heavy Metal Kid
- Maria Bembenek as Waitress
- Adam Weisman as Preteen Boy Tourist
- Donna May as Woman Tourist
- Cristos as Mechanic
- Technopathy - Isabel uses her powers to make the air conditioning work better in Maria's car; she heightens the performance of Maria's car's sound system
- Dreamwalking - By seeing a photograph and concentrating, Isabel can dreamwalk, seeing into other people's dreams. In this particular episode, she dreamwalks into Maria's subconscious
|Maria:||"(to Isabel when she sees the alien keyring) Oh yeah, the, um, keychain. My mother makes those... I'll tell her to stop."|
|Topolsky:||"What will the future bring for you?"|
|Maria:||"Let me just make it easier for her. ( points to various students) Ahh, Tasty-freeze, Denny's, Gas world, prison."|
|Isabel:||"(talking about Maria) That girl is just an accident waiting to happen."|
|Max:||"Look, Isabel, could you at least try to make an effort?"|
|Maria:||"Do you see the army behind me?"|
|Michael:||"Or we could just kill her...kidding."|
- All the students are subjected to a career aptitude interview and test
- Isabel wants to be a supermodel; gets caretaker field results
- Alex asks Topolsky a lot of questions as a response; gets Psychologist
- Max is advised to open himself up to others and chooses Liz
- Kyle wants to be a professional football player; receives Law Enforcement field result, much to his dismay
- Liz wants to be head of molecular biology at Harvard; likes to be in control and work with facts
- This episode was nominated for the 2000 Excellence in Production Design Award for "Television Series.
- Maria refers to Isabel as Queen Amidala, a fictional character in the Star Wars films.
- When Valenti comes into the Crashdown and asks Maria for a Coke, Maria is so nervous that she gives him Diet Coke instead.
- When Maria gives Valenti his drink at the Crashdown, she places a straw on top of the drink. But from one camera angle, the straw is missing, and then it's back on top of the drink again.
- When the sheriff approaches the front desk of his station he places his sunglasses on the desk with his right hand. When the angle changes his glasses disappear from the desk, back into his right hand.
- genie in a bottle | CHRISTINA AGUILERA
- Maria sings in the car
- head | TIN STAR
- On the radio
- the background | THIRD EYE BLIND
- Max and Liz
- drip | OTHER STAR PEOPLE
- Maria working at Crashdown
- my ritual | FOLK IMPLOSION
- Valenti orders
- made to last | SEMISONIC
- Maria at school
- IMDB: Monsters