Overview[edit | edit source]
Prior to Roswell, New Mexico, Vlamis made his television debut as "hipster jerkwad" in an episode of Fox's New Girl (2013, episode 2.13 "Tinfinity"). He's done various shorts and commercials.
From his official website:
- Michael is an actor/filmmaker from Chicago currently starring in the CW series, Roswell, NM. He made his debut alongside Zooey Deschanel in New Girl and the Blackpills series he recently starred in, Simi Valley, was nominated for best drama at the 2018 Streamy Awards. In addition to acting, a film he wrote, produced, and starred in, Meme! True Hollywood Story, won the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival. His latest feature film, 5 Years Apart, which he produced and starred in alongside Chloe Bennett, which premiered in 2019. Michael is theatrically represented by CAA and Grandview.
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
Vlamis sells merchandise on his website, some of which is inspired by his role on Roswell, New Mexico.
Items related to Michael & Alex:
- Starry Night Malex Pin Set
- "The Pieces Want To Be Together" shirt designs featuring original art of Michael and Alex
- "Boys Will Be Boys" shirt design, featuring original art of Michael and Alex
- "It Gets Better" shirt designs featuring a bottle of nail polish remover, a homage to the aliens drinking acetone in the series
- "Sex in a Truck Soap", presumably named in homage of a line spoken by Maria DeLuca in episode 1.02 So Much for the Afterglow in which she says to Alex Manes that Michael "got kinda hot in a sex in a truck, smells like a river, never introduce him to your mama kinda way."
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I had a lot to say about relationships and lost love when I booked this show, and to have two people to share that with was amazing. One is rooted in pain and the other in hope, and I got to play both sides of the spectrum. Not a lot of people get to do that, and the fact that they trusted me with that was a blessing."
- "How you think it feels? Is exactly how it feels. Tyler Blackburn is a phenomenal kisser. He was the first man I ever french kissed in my life, and I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed it. He had some scruff though, that burned a little bit, but the lips were very smooth and he knows how to use his tongue."
Regarding portraying his onscreen relationships with Heather Hemmens and Tyler Blackburn:
- "Look at Heather Hemmens, it's easy to fall in love with Heather onscreen. Tyler Blackburn, although I've never, you know, I'm a straight man in person, but he's easy to fall in love with, you know? Just looking into his eyes, he's so empathetic, and he gives so much, that it's the same exact way I look at Heather."
On representing the LGBTQ+ community:
- "I knew there was a lot behind it. Our showrunner, Carina MacKenzie, this meant a lot to her, she wanted to do it right. You don't see a lot of bisexual love triangles on television. This has meant a lot, and I know it's meant a lot to the fans. The amount of messages I've gotten, and people just talk about these relationships on the show. People have come out to their families because of our show. And they send those messages. And so that has been the most rewarding for sure."
On his familiarity with the original Roswell show and Roswell High books:
- "I was familiar with the 1947 UFO crash in Roswell, but I hadn’t seen the show or read the novels. Once I booked the role, I did research on both to have a feel for the original properties, but I preferred to not dive in too deep, especially not into the original character. It was easier to bring a fresh take that way. Ignorance is bliss. But I have heard the original Michael and myself both have wild hair. So there’s a similarity."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On June 18, 2019, Vlamis began a social media campaign for "Michael Vlamis Emmy Nomination Nominee," that is, to get nominated for an Emmy for his supporting role as Michael Guerin in Roswell, New Mexico.
- Vlamis was roommates with co-star Karan Oberoi while filming season 1.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- on the Internet Movie Database
- Official website: MichaelVlamis.com
- KSite TV: Roswell, NM: Michael Vlamis & Tyler Blackburn Talk “Malex”. February 19, 2019.
- Entertainment Weekly: Michael Vlamis on an upcoming 'very special' #Malex moment on Roswell, New Mexico. March 26, 2019.
- KSite TV: Roswell NM: Michael Vlamis Previews “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” & More. March 26, 2019.
- Cosmopolitan: A Bad Breakup Landed Michael Vlamis the Role of A Lifetime on 'Roswell, New Mexico'. March 28, 2019.
- Tell-Tale TV: Roswell, New Mexico: Michael Vlamis on Malex, Filming One of the Season’s Most Difficult Scenes, and What’s Ahead for His Character [Exclusive Interview]. March 30, 2019.
- US Weekly: Michael Vlamis Breaks Down ‘Roswell, New Mexico’ Love Triangle: Is Michael Meant for Maria or Alex? April 17, 2019.
- Talk Nerdy With Us: Exclusive Interview with Roswell, New Mexico’s Michael Vlamis. April 19, 2019.
- The Jam: Morning talk show interview with Michael Vlamis and Heather Hemmens. May 16, 2019.
- Do New (podcast): Actor Life - Interview with Michael Vlamis (Michael Guerin in The CW's "Roswell, New Mexico"). May 21, 2019.
- Us Weekly - Watch With Us! (podcast): Episode 67 Roswell New Mexico’s Michael Vlamis - on Simplecast, on Apple podcasts, also Twitter ref, Twitter ref. July 2, 2019.
- Latest Magazine: Exclusive interview with Michael Vlamis from Roswell, New Mexico. August 28, 2019.
- l'Odet: In Reflection: A Conversation with Michael Vlamis by Cariann Bradley. June 2020.