- This page is for the 2019 TV series character. For the 1999 TV series character, see Michael Guerin (1999). For the original book series character, see Michael Guerin (books).
Michael Guerin is one of the main characters on The CW science fiction series Roswell, New Mexico. An alien trying to escape Earth, he is troubled but brilliant due to a traumatic childhood. Michael is portrayed by Michael Vlamis.
In 1997, Michael awoke from his pod along with Max and Isobel. The three of them were found walking down the road. At the group home at the approximate age of 7, Isobel and Max were adopted by the Evans couple, while Michael was left behind in foster care. Although Isobel and Max were raised separately as twins, the three of them still considered each other siblings.
As a kid in the foster system, he would occasionally run away from whatever home he was in and hitch a ride to Foster Homestead Ranch, which was the last place he saw his family.
In 2004 at the approximate age of 12 or 13, he had an exorcism performed on him at a group home. His anger made his powers manifest involuntarily and move furniture, and he was "angry a lot." A week later, he went camping with Max and Isobel for their 13th or 14th birthday. Isobel was attacked by a drifter, and Max killed the drifter in self-defense. Michael used his telekinesis to bury the body.
At the end of high school in June 2008, he got involved with Alex Manes. Alex's father Jesse Manes caught them together and started to attack his son, but Michael intervened, and Jesse broke his hand with a hammer. Later that night, Michael got a telepathic distress call from Isobel, and he arrived to her location in time to see her kill Rosa Ortecho. He takes responsibility to shield Isobel from the truth, and he and Max help cover up the murder by staging a car accident.
Powers and Abilities
Michael is alien with paranormal abilities whose specialty seems to be the ability to move objects with his mind.
- Telekinesis: Michael is able to move objects and people with his mind.
- Telekinetic Blasts: Michael is able to fire blasts of telekinetic energy from his body. He tends to release blasts from his hands but he is capable of releasing them through a kick.
- Psychic Communication: Michael is capable of some psychic communication with other aliens. He was able to hear the psychic screams of imprisoned aliens from afar and sensed that something was wrong with Isobel on the night she "murdered" Rosa Ortecho.
- Mechanical Knowledge: Michael can fix cars and other mechanics such as projectors.
"Nostalgia's a bitch." - Michael to Alex in Pilot
"All my life, the system has put me at the mercy of criminals. I'm just trying to survive it." — Michael to Alex in Tearin' Up My Heart.