- This page is for the 2019 TV series character. For the book series character, see Alex Manes (books). For the 1999 TV series character, see Alex Whitman.
- "I wanted to be the kind of person who won battles. It felt good. But now I-I look in the mirror, and I-I don't even see myself sometimes. I see my father. I'm still fighting his battles. Not mine."
Alex Manes is one of the main characters on The CW science fiction series Roswell, New Mexico. He is a military veteran who suffers from physical and psychological trauma. In order to live up to his father's expectations, Alex must give up on the man he loves and their future together. Alex is portrayed by Tyler Blackburn.
Alex later joined the air force and was deployed three times to Iraq. He lost part of his leg and now wears a prosthetic, and he received a purple heart for his service. When he returned to Roswell, he was celebrated as a war hero.
- Military Training: Alex has gone through military training.
- Computer Hacking: Alex has knowledge of hacking and codebreaking through his military career claiming feats such as hacking into Russia and Chinese intelligence.
|Roswell, New Mexico||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13|
|Season 1 episodes||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Season 2 episodes||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
- Alex is supposed to be a big fan of the band Panic! At The Disco, but the show couldn't get the rights to include their posters. So the tool shed Alex uses in high school has posters for the fake band Danger! At The Picture Show instead.
- In the original Roswell High books, Alex is straight and involved with Isabel. He and Michael become good friends after they realize that "they shared the same sense of humor."
- In Pilot (Reboot), Alex is wearing Airman First Class rank, but by So Much for the Afterglow, he is wearing Captain rank.
"We're not kids anymore. What I want doesn't matter." — Alex to Michael in Pilot.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Episode 5: Don't Speak. Alex and Kyle have a discussion at the cabin.
- ↑ Pilot
- ↑ Tweet by showrunner Carina Adly MacKenzie (@cadlymack): We couldn't get permission to use a Panic! At the Disco poster in a flashback scene for @CWRoswellNM so keep your eyes peeled for Danger! At The Picture Show. Because I'm an asshole like that. November 24, 2018.
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly interview: Roswell, New Mexico creator takes us inside that game-changing flashback episode. Showrunner Carina Adly MacKenzie explains: Panic! At the Disco would not let us use their poster on the wall so the poster on the wall of Alex’s room says: “Danger! At the Picture Show” because I was determined. I was like, “No, he listens to Panic! That’s who this guy is!”
- ↑ The Outsider, chapter 14.